Over the years I have had many different systems for my primary machine. This page honors a small selection of those past machines.
Mad Scientist Special v2 (2007)
This computer was designed fall 2006 and assembled in winter 2006. Mad Scientist v2 was in service between January 2007 – August 2013. This machine had a long and difficult life – starting with bad system memory for most of its life and ending with a dead motherboard.
Mad Scientist Special v2 (2007) – Custom Designed and Built Computer
- Antec New Solution NSK6500 & Antec 430 watt Power Supply
- ECS EliteGroup KA3 MVP Extreme
- AMD Athlon X2 4200+ Windsor @ 2.2GHz
- 4 GB DDR2-800 Memory
- 750 GB Total Disk Storage
- Seagate 250 GB SATA2
- Seagate 500 GB SATA2
- Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro – 512MB GDDR2
- Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD Burner)
- DVD Burner
- Flash Memory Card Reader
ViewSonic VG2021 20″ LCD DisplayPlanar PL1700 17″ LCD Display
- Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 – Wired
- Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 – Wired
Microsoft Windows Vista: Business Edition
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional
This is my first Mac computer which I purchased from eBay for learning about Mac OS X.
- eMac (April 2004)
- PowerPC G4 1.25GHz
- 2GB PC-2700
- ATI Radeon 9200, 32MB
- 80 GB Hard Drive
- Combo Drive
- Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger”
Mobile Mad Scientist (2003)
My first notebook computer and machine I used full time between Mad Scientist v1/1.5 and Mad Scientist v2.
- HP Pavilion
- AMD Athlon 1.4GHz
- 256 MB System Memory
- 40 GB Hard Drive
- Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional
Mad Scientist Special v1 (2001)
This was my first custom built machine, after the initial build I did a partial upgrade about 18 months. This partial upgrade is reflected below as item either upgraded or added. Mad Scientist v1/1.5 was in service between Winter 2001 – Approx 2005, and its service was ended by an Registry Hive Corruption.
Generic Black CaseRAIDMax Blue Case with Slide Panel Window
- XFX Mainboard
- AMD Althon XP 1700+, Massive CPU Cooler Ugprade
- XFX nVidia GeForce3 64MB Video Card
- 256 MB DDR, Upgraded to 1.25 GB
- Seagate 7200RPM 40GB, Added Samsung 7200RPM 160GB Hard Drive
- CD Burner
- DVD Burner added later
- 17″ Proview CRT Monitor
- Windows 2000 Professional
All logos, trademarks, and copyrights are property of there respective owners.
I have left some lower level applications and services out for brevity, the full list would take days to write.
Last Updated: October 2013